3-D shadowing

G

Garry

Ok, Black PPG BC...deep blue/purple flames, also shot with PPG BC..although I havn't shot the flames yet, but intend too real soon.Question is, on a Black BC, what can I use for a shadowing color...for example, inside the ovals and under the tips to give a 3-d effect of the tips to look like they're "lifting" off the tank? I've seen it done on a Candy Apple over a Silver HOK Shimrin BC..the insides outline of the flames were outlined in white,then a reduced Black was shot under the flame tips and inside the ovals..just basically a "line"about an 1/8" outside of the flamed outline..the effect was outstanding, looked like they whisping off and around the tank. Just wondering if this could be accomplished on a Black BC. Any input appreciated...Thanx

T

TAZ

Hey Garry,
Possibly a lighter gray with the very inside of the drop shadows in white (very thin) or drops shadows in a shade of pearl so when the light hits it, only then will you see the drop shadow.

G

Garry

Sounds like you're on to something there, gonna have to give that try. Thanx again Scott.