How long can I wait to buff clear coat?

bls2dpj

I just finished my first paint job on my motorcycle on Oct. 14. I had to go out of town for 4 days and now just learned that I need to leave again for another 12-14 days for a total of 16-18 days. Will I still be able to sand and buff the clear when I get back? I used Nason clear and have a little orange peel. I have 3 days before I leave town but I really don't want to rush this job since it is my first. Is it okay to wait?? Advise is appreciated.

DJ

T

TAZ

Why not just do the wetsanding before you leave, and the buffing when you get back. That way, the dirty work is done for when you get back.
If you can't do the wetsanding before then, you should be able to buff it, but it will be a little harder to do.
I've used Nason before and it does stay fairly soft for a while.

bls2dpj

I don't think I'll have time before I leave. I guess I'll just have to work a little harder when I get back. Thanks for the help.

DJ

T

TAZ

Just wetsand all the pieces with 1500 (flat with no shiny spots), then buzz over them with 2000 to cut some of the 1500 scratches and you should be fine!

:bigokay:

addypaul

I would just look into a base color, not single stage, to clear over. Unless you already have the paint. Just allow proper flash time before going to clear.If you can't do the wetsanding before then, you should be able to buff it, but it will be a little harder to do.I have used soft buffing.