Top coat (gloss)

Thtsweetchick

Hey guys,
I am doing bodywork on my car. It’s a DIY. I don’t have a garage nor do I have a spray gun. I’m working on my car in the parking lot of my building. I guess this info is important in terms of how fast the paint will dry.

I used a primer and spray cans that has the specific color code for my car. I applied the top coat on my car but it’s coming out really thin (spray can). How do I get the gloss to look as thick and as glossy as the rest of my car ? Is there a specific brand I should be looking for or am I going to end up having to get a spray gun? If so, is there a company that leases/rents them out? Thanks again.03578D5E-7A29-47B1-A1DF-7337F69B4344.jpegDCACD0B7-F18A-434B-BAEF-981C122A860E.jpeg

chopolds

It's not easy to get an acceptable paint job with spray cans. They are thin, cheap, and do not put out a good spray pattern to get even finishes. It can be done, but it's a crap shoot, unless you've got some experience using them. Your primer and color may work out if you are careful. But the clear coat is the important finish. WHile I usually don't recommend spray cans, if you try to do this, use a "2K" clear. One that has a button on the bottom that you press, to mix in a hardener into the clear before you shoot it. It will give you the best chance at getting a decent finish out of spray cans.

Reactions: TAZ

Thtsweetchick

It's not easy to get an acceptable paint job with spray cans. They are thin, cheap, and do not put out a good spray pattern to get even finishes. It can be done, but it's a crap shoot, unless you've got some experience using them. Your primer and color may work out if you are careful. But the clear coat is the important finish. WHile I usually don't recommend spray cans, if you try to do this, use a "2K" clear. One that has a button on the bottom that you press, to mix in a hardener into the clear before you shoot it. It will give you the best chance at getting a decent finish out of spray cans.
Dude you are the best ! Thank you for replying to my question.