Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Parts Stand

Default Re: Motorcycle Parts Stand

Rex, an easier way might be to make a Yahoo scrap book, very easy to do once your on Yahoo and its free thats what i did with the pictures of the red white and blue helmet i did. that way you up load the pictures just once. after they are uploaded just make sure you make the photo book, accessable to the public if you want to share the photos. after all is done just give the url and thats it. [img]graemlins/bigokay.gif[/img]

TAZ

Rex,
    Sounds like your files are going to be just to dang big for anything. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I use Adobe Photoshop for all my graphic and photo editing, but I used to use Paint Shop Pro which is an excellent inexpensive (compared to Photoshop) beginner program. You can read some tips on how-to edit (hey-what do you know, another Scott F How-To. [img]graemlins/haha.gif[/img] I did this back in about '99 ) photos. I also give a link on where to download Paint Shop Pro.

I usually try to keep photos down around 350 pixles width and a max of about 40 kb file size.

You can find the page here
    Hope this helps!
    Scott

sbCountry

No worries about the size of the images for me. I have a very fast Internet connection. I am just getting started in paint motorcycles and the other stand for fenders that was on the home page is wonderful I just completed a job on the lower fairing of a road bike and the stand was key...so am looking for the tank painting solution.

Thanks again,
    Scott B.

sbCountry

Thanks Rex. I am sure it will will be great. [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]

Know-it-All Custom Painter

Thanx guys,I'll play with it tonight if I get a chance.SB,the tank stand I made is for a one piece and haven't had time to make a head for split tanks yet until I borrow a set of tanks.I'm still not sure of the design.I'll send the pix anyway and you can just delete them if they're not right for you.

Wannabe

Any ideas on using this stand for flat side tanks?

Got it,HA!Guess you can't do individual pix.Click the thumnail and above the larger pic you get you can click 'larger image'. http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/shrppshut....src=ph&.view=
    Pic 2 is from lt to rt is front fender,rear fender,one piece tank.#3 is a closeup of the tank head.The fender stands are basically the same end setup without the nuts and a piece of 3/8 fuel line a touch longer than the threaded rod to prevent scratches and privide grip.Sorry for the delay.

Wannabe

Got the pics. Thanks...

Art,did they show up?I still need to make a head for split tanks but I need to borrow a set to make them.Then you just slide the head out of one base and replace it.The shop has a parts stand with 6 arms on it I use for 2 piecers but I won't buy one for $400.If this pic thing is actually working now I'll snap a pic of it.Easy to make but there's 12 sliding joints and conduit isn't sized that close and I'm leary about the strength,this ones made from pipe.Let me know if the pix showed up,I'm starting to think you need a Yahoo ID for them to work.The link in the Custom forum under 'Finally some pix' came up at work today but I had to log in to Yahoo before it would open.

sbCountry

thanks for the pics, the stand looks very cool. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]